Mother of Tears - 2007 - Dario Argento

Science-Fiction, Horreur, Epouvante, Merveilleux, Heroic Fantasy et tout le toutim du Fantastique !

Modérateurs : Karen, savoy1, DeVilDead Team

Répondre
drummonde

Message par drummonde » ven. juin 08, 2007 8:29 pm

J'ai pas osé la bande annonce mais j'ai regardé les photos comme un con et ...JE DECONSEILLE DE LE FAIRE !

En tout cas ca a l'air dement :shock: :D
Ceci est un P.38, le flingue le moins puissant du monde. Si je te touche avec, c'est même pas dit que je te fasse un troisième téton.

Manolito
Site Admin

Message par Manolito » ven. juin 08, 2007 8:32 pm

Je n'ai pas vu les photos... Par contre le trailer en dit très peu et a été filmé au caméscope en salles avec une qualité de merde... Pas non plus conseillé non plus...

Superfly
Modérateur

Message par Superfly » ven. juin 08, 2007 8:33 pm

pourquoi pas les photos ? Y'a pas de spoilers je pense...

drummonde

Message par drummonde » ven. juin 08, 2007 8:37 pm

Manolito a écrit : Pas non plus conseillé non plus...
A la tienne camarade 8)

Sinon les photos ne spoilent pas mais mieux vaut rentrer dans la salle vierge de toute idée ou image ... enfin c'est mon avis :wink:

Il sort quand a priori ?
Ceci est un P.38, le flingue le moins puissant du monde. Si je te touche avec, c'est même pas dit que je te fasse un troisième téton.

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » ven. juin 08, 2007 9:13 pm

drummonde a écrit :Il sort quand a priori ?
31 Octobre en Italie :!:

la terza madre rating confirmed

When it is released in cinemas in italy this october, it will have a 16 rating! This means all the hardcore gore will be missing. However, this will be re-instated for the dvd release.

source: alan jones

Spoilers...:

Mother Makes Premiere Date
Source: Ryan Rotten, The Hollywood Reporter May 20, 2007

Book your flight now or forever hold your peace. If you want to see the premiere for Dario Argento's Mother of Tears (the news-hogging next chapter in the Italian maestro's "Three Mothers" trilogy) plan on venturing to the RomaCinemaFest in, you guessed it, Italy. The fest runs October 18th - 27th. For more details click on the link.

Also, Shock had the benefit of seeing five minutes of the film - a riotous, sick mess of pure Argento magic. The bit we saw featured actress Asia Argento and Coralina Cataldi mulling over what appear to be three statues. Then "the monkey" arrives (and it's one mean-ass monkey)...and an ensuing slaughter that doesn't hold back on the grue. Quite exciting to see - Argento seems to be in prime form and no woman is safe in this one!

drummonde

Message par drummonde » ven. juin 08, 2007 9:21 pm

31 Octobre ? Putain mais on sera tous morts d'ici la ! :lol:

Pourquoi ils font pas une sortie europeene ? On a fait l'Europe pour ca bourdel !

question que je devrais pas poser :

vu que je lis pas la langue de ces vendus de rosbeefs , il a bonne reputation ? Parcequ'on pouvait s'attendre au pire , et je dis ca avec tout le respect du au maitre , ayant adoré Le sang des innocents et Pelts !

Manolito
Site Admin

Message par Manolito » dim. juin 10, 2007 11:31 am

Le film sortirait en Italie dans une version expurgée de ses scènes gore pour obtenir une classification plus grand public. Mais le gore reviendra dans l'édition DVD... :?

drummonde

Message par drummonde » dim. juin 10, 2007 12:14 pm

En France ca sera pas le cas ,c'est des chichiteuses les italiens , chez nous il sera uncut ! Si il sort ! :D

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » lun. août 27, 2007 10:38 am

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » ven. sept. 07, 2007 1:04 pm

Première mondiale du film hier soir à Toronto...Quelques avis sont déjà disponibles sur Rue Morgue,Imdb...:

"Saw this tonight amazing film. Scary gory even funny Argento in his prime. Audience sang happy birthday to him."

"was interesting, he clearly has a thing for monkeys. and asia gets nude, Yeah !!!
and its his birthday today, it was a special night, never to be repeated"

"Details, I can't give you folks right now it being 3:45am, but, the monkey is worth the show, the look is very natural as opposed to the more gel-like blues, reds, and greens etc. The acting wasn't bad. The dialogue is more informative than any of them from what I remember. The scare factor is there for jumps anyways. I'll have to be more detailed tomorrow. I am beat. I liked it is all I can say right now... Music is very subtle. I was impressed over all."

"Wow, I loved every minute of this besides the fire alarm. Classic sleezefest and overall great, trashy time at the movies. The gore was awesome and first time I've ever found Argento to be punchy. There's a stinger along the lines of the Exorcist 3 hospital scene.
I've never gone into an Argento flick looking for great dialogue. But felt a lot of the goofy stuff he was totally in on and winking. Think there was a lot more fucking with the audience than a lot of people were aware of.
I'll say it again, man the gore was awesome!"

"i didnt think it was crap. it was exactly like all the other films we all love and cherish on this board (eg story, acting etc). i dont know what you guys are complaing about. i loved it.
next time a guy like dario argento does a world premier with his awesome hot daughter on his birthday and we all sing happy birthday to him...you're not invited."

"My initial thoughts are overall very positive, and I'll keep this spoiler free. As Argento's later work goes, I would say this film is Argento's best since at least The Stendhal Syndrome, and probably since Opera. In The Third Mother, Argento really seems bent on pushing the envelope on gore, and generally accepted good taste...to the joy of legions of gore hounds. The end result is a very fun film; however, this film is a far cry from the other two films in the "Three Mothers Trilogy" and fails to live up to the standard Argento set with his earlier work.

There is a lot to like about The Third Mother. Argento, at a higher level than I have seen from him in the past, really ratchets up the sleeze in this film. There are moments of random nudity and sexuality that feel as if they are yanked straight from the great euro-trash films of the seventies. At times, the film resembles a post-modern riff on Sergio Martino with a dash of Jess Franco. For Argento, this really felt like new territory as, at least in terms of sexuality, I have always felt that he was much more conservative than many of his seventies counterparts. Not so with The Third Mother.

The gore, and brutality behind that gore (especially aimed at women), is glorious. I cannot rave enough about that gore. One scene in particular involving a jaw and some intestines is simply brilliant. I squirmed and a smile covered every inch of my face. One of my favorite kills in any film, ever. For that alone, this film was something special for me, and thankfully, Argento is not finished. He throws gory buckets of blood and guts around throughout the film, much of it of a very taboo nature. No one is off limits in this film. I got the feeling that Argento was ready and willing to do anything, and that was thrilling. It's been awhile since I've felt that in a theater.

The acting in this film, led by Asia Argento, is also fine, especially for an Argento film. I had heard the dialogue in The Third Mother was a bit rough, and the dubbing rougher, but that's simply not true. Both are as good as, if not better than, most Argento films. The story is fairly nonexistent, but again, for a "Three Mothers" film, that's pretty par for the course. No harm, no foul. The dialogue, dubbing, and story (or lack thereof) take absolutely nothing away from this film.

So while my enthusiasm for this film is very high, I do feel the need to point out some things I did not like about the film. Missing from the film was much of the wonder that is so present in Suspiria and Inferno. The Third Mother, like it's predecessors, is a film set in a supernatural world. But I never felt that otherworldliness that is so blanketed over the first two films of this trilogy. No moment where Suzy Banyon is frozen, walking down the hall in Suspiria...no moment where a demon (or Satan himself?) chases a girl from a library. There are of course nods to the supernatural, but it feels forced...disingenuous even.

Also missing is some of the grand camera work that really separates Argento's early work from many of his contemporaries. Nothing like the plaza sequences from Suspiria or Profondo Rosso. No rooftop take like in Tenebre. No slow-mo sequences like in Phenomena. Early in this film, there are some very cool uses of the camera, but overall, like most of Argento's recent work, the cinematography is nothing exceptional. It's unfair that Argento will always be compared to his past work, but the comparison is also impossible, at least for me, to ignore.

But the biggest bummer about The Third Mother is Claudio Simonetti's score. It's downright depressing. It feels so "movie-of-the-week." Like an old Lone Ranger episode even. There were some cool vocal highlights, but even that seemed a bit tired...like standard "devil movie/witch movie we have to have scary chanting" music. Suspiria and Inferno both have scores that tap into your soul, scores that pull you into Argento's world. This score is completely unimpressive, and at times, dopey. And it really bums me out to write that.

Other might complain about the ending, or lack thereof...but it's Dario Argento we're talking about...he's goddamn brilliant, but also doesn't really know how to end a movie. No problem on that...I actually find it charming. And I really hope I don't come across as overly negative. I don't mean to be. The Third Mother, while not a complete return to form for the great director, is certainly a very worthy and welcome addition to Argento's oeuvre. It's his best work in a long, long time...and I am so happy for that.

Here's hoping that Argento continues to push the envelope, continues challenging taboos, and continues to bring his dark dreams to the screen for a long time to come (but with a better score!)."

http://www.rue-morgue.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20412

"The best thing Argento's done in years, which isn't saying much, this finds him sacrificing most of his artistic pretensions, and shifting into balls-out entertainment mode. The plot, which features Asia Argento as a reluctant white witch battling evil in a Rome gone mad, is clearly an excuse for a series of imaginative, gruesome set pieces. Extremely gory, and extremely fun (especially with the Midnight Madness crowd), it's closer to a return to form than I would have suspected."

"I enjoyed Mother of Tears & I don’t see why people were expecting any more than what they saw. I’ve been watching Italian horror movies loyally for the last 20 years & as far back as I can remember Spagetti Horrors have never been perfect. They have always had big holes in its plots(sometimes not even making sense), bad to sub-par acting, comedic aspects, poor dubbing, very over the top gore & violence. I mean, look at all the classic’s. Burial Ground, Demons 1 & 2, Deep Red, Gates of Hell, Inferno, Susperia, Tenebrae, Zombie & so on. Though these are all masterpieces in Italian horror cinema, I see them more as a fun time rather than viewing them as very serious films.

Mother of Tears followed the Italian Horror Genre to a T in my personal opinion.

-Over the top gore.
-Brilliant atmospheric score (not as good as goblin but still good).
-Shot in a very wide scope.
-Death scene in the first 5 min’s of the movie.
-Goofy comedic over tones (which sometimes are not intended).
-Great Special Affects.
-Sergio Slavatti.
-Kids & babies getting killed (LOL).
-Apocaliptic story line
-Shocking scenes

Mother of Tears had all these aspects. The reason I think people were so hard on the film was the fact of its nice print & the fact it looked like a film we would watch today. So it did have a bit of a different feel compared to some of the older spegetti’s. But once you get passed the new look it’s no different than all of our favorites classics.

Also regarding the Laughing. Sure it was pretty funny at times. But something people seem to forget is that the Midnight Madness crowd is a rowdy crowd in general. As long as I’ve been going to Midnight Madness it’s always been super rowdy. So it wasn’t much or any different than most of the MM showings."

"I just watched Mother Of Tears world premier on Thursday at the Toronto International Film Festival and I have mixed feelings on it. Kind of.

dissolvedpet wrote:
greenroo wrote:
"It's the bloodiest film I've ever made..... I've done what eveyone wants and I know they're going to like it."

does this mean that for the last 10-15 years he hasnt been doing what everyone wants, and that what he wants comes out as complete tripe?
is this really a good sign, doing what everyone wants?

The above really sums up Mother OF Tears. It reeks of the fact that Argento made what he thinks is a crowd pleaser (aimed at his cult following). It’s the goriest Argento flick by a very large margin. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Argento fans look for a little more than shocks when it comes to his films.

The film is missing that dream-like quality that Suspiria and Opera had. It’s also missing much of the signature camera work associated with Argento’s films. The film, at many points feels much too ambitious for it’s budget. While the gore effects are amazing, many of the other effects are horrendous. The score was completely unremarkable.

That said:

Mother Of Tears was incredibly entertaining. It got lots and lots of crowd reaction. It got screams, cheers, gasps, and laughs. (Some of the comedy was intentional, some of it wasn’t.) The gore, like I said above was plentiful and fantastic. It felt very much like Argento doing Fulci. It very much had the feel of a good old ‘80s delirious Italian horror film (even in the bizarrely out-dated make up and hair styles). Although it wasn’t what I was hoping for in an Argento film, I ABSOLUTLY enjoyed the film and wasn’t bored for a single second. I can’t wait to see Mother Of Tears again.

The screening was a great treat though. It was a midnight screening and Dario introduced the film. After the intro the festival organizer informed us that it was also Dario’s birthday. So he had the entire excitable crowd sing him happy birthday. My eyes followed Mr. Argento as he returned to his seat which was one row behind mine. I then noticed that Edgar Wright and George Romero were both also sitting in that row. It felt a bit surreal."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la ... s-calendar
Dernière modification par dario carpenter le mar. sept. 18, 2007 11:54 am, modifié 1 fois.

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » mar. oct. 23, 2007 2:58 am

Un apperçu de la critique du journaliste Olivier Père (La Quinzaine des Réalisateurs),critique parue dans la revue Nocturno (et aussi dans les Inrockuptibles,me semble t'il? :oops: ):

""Il deliziosamente illogico, forse contraddittorio, ma divertentissimo Mother of Tears (La Terza Madre) di Dario Argento, è l'ultimo capitolo del suo trittico consacrato alla stregoneria, in cui il regista italiano ritrova in parte lo stile elegante di Suspiria e Inferno. (...) Molto atteso, La Terza Madre conferma (forse) l'impossibilità di Argento di raggiungere le vette sontuose e terrificanti dei suoi capolavori barocchi anni Settanta, dopo le delusioni di Non ho sonno, Il fantasma dell'Opera e Ti piace Hitchcock?. Quello che il nuovo film di Argento ha perso in sofisticatezza poetica l'ha infatti riguadagnato in brutalità, in follia e in velocità. (...) Ciò che sorprende di più, nella Terza Madre, è il suo ritmo trepidante, in contraddizione con le atmosfere "pesanti" di Suspiria e Inferno. Il nuovo film di Argento è una corsa-inseguimento folle, costruita sul principio dell'associazione di idee e della moltiplicazione dei personaggi secondari che fecero il successo dei due precedenti capitoli del ciclo delle Tre Madri. A volte le cose vanno talmente in fretta che si ha quasi l'impressione che Argento abbia assimilato lo spirito "pulp" di Quentin Tarantino (in particolare di Kill Bill volume 1 & 2) (...). La Terza Madre introduce, come già più volte annunciato, le morti violente più sanguinarie, e un catalogo di squartamenti, impalamenti e sgozzamenti che lascia senza fiato anche lo spettatore più indifferente."

Un autre avis sur le film ici:

http://www.close-up.it/spip.php?article3203

La musique de Claudio Simonetti sortira début Novembre :wink: :

http://beocd.canalblog.com/archives/200 ... 32906.html

Superwonderscope
DeVilDead Team

Message par Superwonderscope » jeu. nov. 08, 2007 2:38 am

Ce n'est pas déshonorant, mais ce n'est pas le succès escompté. 4e au box office italien, le film amasse à peine 2 m de $ de recettes en 1 semaine, loin derrière les ratatouille, Bourne Ultimatum et autre Elizabeth : the golden age pourtant en 2e semaine d'exploitation.
Sortie sur 300 salles, le filmaura bien du mal à tenir dans la pléthore d'autres sorties dans le même créneau.
Oh really? Well then I'm sure you wouldn't mind giving us a detailed account of exactly how you concocted this miracle glue, would you ?

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » ven. nov. 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Alan Jones writes:

"Hi Nick, the Italian box-office figures are in for LA TERZA MADRE and they are great. The film has taken over 1.5 million euros to date and looks to double that over this weekend. Dario has a sizeable mainstream hit on his hands. He's already asked his American two writers on that project, Jace Anderson and Adam Gierasch, to work with him again on another horror. They are hosting a special screening of the film in their home town Los Angeles tonight with a specially filmed Argento intro. Wish them well."

Seb2

Message par Seb2 » ven. nov. 09, 2007 8:28 pm

qui s'occupe de la zik ??? la bo est bientot dispo ?

Mercador

Message par Mercador » ven. nov. 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Toujours pas de dâtes annoncées de par chez nous ? Il faut que ce film sorte en salles, bon sang !

Répondre