Saw II - Darren Lynn Bousman (2005)

Science-Fiction, Horreur, Epouvante, Merveilleux, Heroic Fantasy et tout le toutim du Fantastique !

Modérateurs : Karen, savoy1, DeVilDead Team

Répondre
Kerozene

Saw II - Darren Lynn Bousman (2005)

Message par Kerozene » sam. déc. 11, 2004 2:58 pm

J'ai à peine le temps d'apprendre l'existence de SAW que la suite est déjà en chantier....

Inside Film reports DP David Armstrong has joined Saw 2: Hacksaw, the sequel to James Wan's box office smash, which took in over $50 million at the box office. Even though James is not expected to return, at least we know the look will once again be top-notch!

Saw Cinematographer pulls of killer feat lensing horror hit, now preparing for the sequel
Racking up nearly $55-million dollars domestically since its Oct. 29 debut, the remarkable success of the shot-on-a-shoestring, Saw has, like any horror film worth its gore, garnered it financing for a sequel.

However, this spook-fest's prospects weren't so clear in pre-production.

Less than a week prior to start of principal photography, Saw still lacked a cinematographer. DP David Armstrong was approached by Dan Hefner (the film's co-producer and longtime friend) just four days before filming was to begin. Tackling photography duties for the blood soaked tale of a serial killer with a penchant for puppets intrigued Armstrong. He accepted the job and immediately immersed himself in the story.

'I had no time to have a reaction, just to take action,' says Armstrong, who went on to meet director James Wan just once before the first day of shooting while scrambling to pull together equipment and a crew.

Given the limitations of no prep time and a tight 18-day shooting schedule, Armstrong's skills and the company he keeps on set led to a smooth, albeit rushed production.

'Fortunately I have an amazing gaffer (Yaron Levy) who was able to pre- light in advance 17 of the 18 days,' says Armstrong.

'The other good fortune I had was James Wan, a first time director, knew exactly what he wanted and was able to communicate his vision clearly to me. This saved us from wasting time trying to find shots.'

With no budget for gruesome special effects, Armstrong created the film's distinctive look almost entirely in camera. Exemplifying this guerrilla photography style is a scene in which protagonist Adam (Leigh Whannell) navigates through the dark using nothing but the flashbulb of a camera.

'My gaffer and I came up with a design using Kino Flo bulbs wrapped with China balls to the ceiling,' says Armstrong in reference to creating the creepy strobe effect achieved on Kodak 5284 underexposed 3-and-a-half stops.

'This gave us an image 'barely' with no sense of a source. The director was clear that he did not want to feel light? in anyway so when I asked him Do you want movie black or black-black?? He replied 'Black!'

Wrapping work on the film 'Sam's Lake', Armstrong will soon return to the serial killer genre with the 'Saw' sequel and is looking forward to being reunited with everyone involved in the first film.

'I have a tight working relationship with the film?s crew, the producers at Twisted Pictures,' he says, 'and we start pre-production in early 2005.'

This time around, audiences who love Saw will get a chance to see what Armstrong can do with just a little more preparation.

[release from Leo Smith]

Lord Ruthven

Message par Lord Ruthven » sam. déc. 11, 2004 3:15 pm

Trop bien, vivement le remake et la préquelle :roll:
Gna !

right hand of doom

Message par right hand of doom » sam. déc. 11, 2004 3:35 pm

Vivement Saw 6

:oops:

Kerozene

Message par Kerozene » sam. déc. 11, 2004 4:22 pm

right hand of doom a écrit :Vivement Saw 6

:oops:

:lol:

Médusa Man

Message par Médusa Man » sam. déc. 11, 2004 9:21 pm

et vivement Saw 7 également me souffle Sophie Favier...
Sheri Moon you're the sun of my life !

Tiramitsu

Message par Tiramitsu » sam. déc. 11, 2004 9:50 pm

:lol: :arrow:

Buralo66

Message par Buralo66 » sam. déc. 11, 2004 11:00 pm

On parle aussi d'une adaptation en comédie musicale à Broadway, Saw Do Mi.

Médusa Man

Message par Médusa Man » sam. déc. 11, 2004 11:05 pm

et d'une comédie désolante: Saw rit !
Sheri Moon you're the sun of my life !

guncrazy

Message par guncrazy » mer. févr. 16, 2005 2:58 pm

Quelques news de SAW 2.

-Le réal s'appelle Darren Bousman, un pubar/clippeur dont on peut voir quelques travaux ici :arrow: http://www.cinema-vista.com/MusicVideos.html

-La sortie est prévue le 28 Octobre 2005, mais le tournage n'a pas encore commencé. Il aura lieu à Vancouver trés prochainement.

Voili.
:D

VIVE LES GNOUS

Message par VIVE LES GNOUS » mer. févr. 16, 2005 3:00 pm

et Saw Daw Me aussi
Qui vote pour une cuite ?

Prodigy

Message par Prodigy » mer. févr. 16, 2005 3:20 pm

Saw rizo ?

Seb2

Message par Seb2 » mer. févr. 16, 2005 3:28 pm

VIVE LES GNOUS a écrit :et Saw Daw Me aussi
produit par DORCEL. et réalisé par MANUEL FERRARA.

Buralo66

Message par Buralo66 » mer. févr. 16, 2005 3:31 pm

VIVE LES GNOUS a écrit :et Saw Daw Me aussi
Monsieur, quand on fait des jeux de mots à deux francs la moindre des choses c'est de vérifier dans le thread si un autre abruti ne l'a pas déjà fait !
Je ne vous salue pas !

Prodigy

Message par Prodigy » mer. févr. 16, 2005 3:32 pm

Ach Saw ! :D

fiend471

Message par fiend471 » mer. févr. 16, 2005 5:45 pm

fantomas devrait venir lire ce sujet.. mais le souci c'est que le détournement n'y est pas évident à capter... :? bref tout part en potage faut croire :lol:
Cthulhu vs Macross Zero = my dream !

Répondre