Dressé pour tuer - Samuel Fuller (1982) sur Canalsat

Modérateurs : Karen, savoy1, DeVilDead Team

Maxcrom

Message par Maxcrom » dim. sept. 16, 2007 11:30 am

Apparement se serait un Bootleg depuis la VHS, donc couleurs pourries et le son à l'avenant :?, 1.33 au lieu du 1.85. Bref, belle désillusion, mais le film est finalement prévu chez critérion donc :P :P

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » mar. oct. 16, 2007 7:56 pm

Curtis Hanson parle de Fuller et du film sur Aintitcool:

I didn't go to film school. What I did was I started... In fact instead of going to college, I started writing about movies and taking pictures of the people that made them. I wrote something about Sam Fuller that he liked. I then met him and we really hit it off. This was when I was 19. Over the years we just became friends. He was just a very generous friend and a kind of mentor in a way, if you will.
Then I stared developing my own filmmaking career and as coincidence would have it I was sort of developing this two pronged career. On the one hand, I was trying to direct. On the other hand, I was writing more successfully on bigger projects.
One of these projects I was hired to do was an adaptation of Romain Gary's novella, White Dog. At the time I was writing it Roman Polanski was going to direct it. Then he got into his legal problems and a lot of things happened, but basically the script sat on the shelf for several years at Paramount.
Now, I had talked to Sammy about it at the time I was writing it because he knew Romain Gary and was interested in the story. We had just kind of chatted about it. Then about 5 years later they took it off the shelf and contacted me to see if I would be interested in rewriting it. They wouldn't let me direct it, though. I tried to get it and direct. When that failed rather than rewrite it for somebody else, I said "Well, why don't you get Sam Fuller to direct this?"
There was a strike, oddly enough it was kinda like right now, there was a strike looming and they were in a hurry to make some pictures. Sam, I knew, was not only available, but eager for work. They hired him and then they hired me to work with Sam and write a new script. We needed to write it in 3 weeks because of this potential strike.
So, I ended up in the dream position of collaborating with this guy whose work I had so admired over my entire movie going life who was also a friend of mine. The thing that was unique about it was it was actually the only time Sam ever cowrote anything with anybody. And of course the goal was to produce the script that Sam wanted for his movie because, naturally, this was now a Sam Fuller movie. We used some of the structural elements from my original script, but basically we started over again.
It was a great experience professionally and personally. The unfortunate thing about it is, as you know, the picture came under this cloud of controversy which was totally absurd. It was based on remarks made by people who had never even seen the movie. The picture literally became sort of too hot to handle and Paramount... they didn't release it, they shelved it. Then it was sold to network television and again people made some controversy about it and it was pulled from that showing. Yet, it was released around the world to really tremendous reviews and in the last few years has surfaced intermittently in the United States.
It's tragic. The thing that's so sad about it is it turned out to be the last movie Sam made in Hollywood. Sam fuller, and I say this as somebody, not just a friend of Sam's, but also somewhat of a knowledgeable film fan. I don't think there's any filmmaker who over the course of his career dealt with the racial texture of the United States in as inventive and thought-provoking of a way as Sam Fuller did. Literally, when you start thinking about that aspect of it and go through his movies one after the other, he deals with the ethnic mosaic that is our country. For him to be tarred with a completely absurd charge of racism was not only unfair, but it was ridiculous. The whole point of White Dog is that racism's something that is taught. Of course, the dog is a metaphor, that it can even be taught to man's best friend. So, on the one hand it was a high point of my career, but emotionally it was really disappointing what happened to the movie and to Sam after the fact.
You know, the amazing thing, I have to say one last personal thing about Sam, the amazing thing about it is as disappointed as he was with that and other career setbacks that he had during the length of time I knew him, he never betrayed anger. Disappointment yes, but no bitterness. That was one of the inspiring things about Sammy that no matter how many hardships he faced he would just go back out to his office and his Royal Upright Typewriter and just keep on working on his scripts.

dario carpenter

Re: DRESSÉ POUR TUER sur Canalsat

Message par dario carpenter » lun. mai 19, 2008 9:06 pm

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » mar. sept. 16, 2008 10:49 pm

ça sort chez Criterion en Décembre!!:

http://www.criterion.com/asp/release.asp?id=455

Jérôme

Message par Jérôme » mer. sept. 17, 2008 9:39 am

j'ai vu ça aussi. Content que Paramount laisse sortir ce genre de films ailleurs.
Sa place est dans un Blu-Ray !

celia0

Message par celia0 » mer. sept. 17, 2008 10:40 am

Se sera un beau master j'espère. Par contre, ni VF ni STF of course.....
Avis aux nouveaux forumers, il est parfaitement normal voir de santé publique d'envoyer chier manolito au moins une fois.

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » mar. nov. 25, 2008 8:41 pm

ed wood

Message par ed wood » lun. déc. 08, 2008 7:13 pm

enfin sorti depuis quelques semaines chez criterion

http://www.amazon.com/White-Dog-Collect ... 227&sr=1-1

en version uncut (dixit le site) mais uniquement en VO sans aucun soustitres :(

une liste de ce que contiendrait ce dvd:

SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
New, restored high-definition digital transfer of the uncut version, approved by producer Jon Davison
New video interviews with producer Davison, co-writer Curtis Hanson, and Sam Fuller s widow, Christa Lang-Fuller
An interview with dog trainer Karl Lewis-Miller
Rare photos from the film s production

PLUS: A booklet featuring new essays by critics J. Hoberman and Armond White, plus a rare 1982 interview in which Fuller interviews the canine star of the film

MadXav
DeVilDead Team

Message par MadXav » lun. déc. 08, 2008 7:31 pm

Heu... Voilà quoi :
http://www.devildead.com/indexnews.php3 ... ewsID=4316
:D :wink:
Et pis y'a un lien vers un test juste au dessus... Enfin moi j'dis ça...
Dessin et sketching liés au cinéma, au voyage, etc. :

celia0

Message par celia0 » lun. déc. 08, 2008 8:55 pm

Pas vu de test.
Sinon, j'ai reçu le dvd et l'image est belle. On reconnait toujours les encodage à la criterion. L'image ressemble à celle du charme discret de la bourgeoisie.
Avis aux nouveaux forumers, il est parfaitement normal voir de santé publique d'envoyer chier manolito au moins une fois.

Ekynox
Localisation : Avec Titanium Cyborg; on fait tous les préparatifs pour la réunion.

Message par Ekynox » mar. déc. 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Il y a des sous-titres (english only of course) Il semble qu'on ne puisse pas les activer dans le menu par contre; j'ai dû me servir de la touche display de ma télécommande.
Paragraphe 14

Hi. I directed six feature films and wrote,"How to Live the James Bond Lifestyle". Why should 007 have all the fun?
-Paul Kyriazi

Jérôme

Message par Jérôme » lun. déc. 29, 2008 1:15 pm

bon, c'est pas super classe mais le doc du dvd criterion est visible sur youtube.

1erè partie
Sa place est dans un Blu-Ray !

dario carpenter

Message par dario carpenter » mar. mars 16, 2010 2:16 pm

La musique d'Ennio Morricone disponible en Avril:

http://www.moviegrooves.com/latest-1960 ... ne-cd.html

starfe

Message par starfe » mar. mars 16, 2010 2:52 pm

L'actualité des sorties des musiques de films, téléfilms, séries TV et jeux vidéo, c'est sur UnderScores !

Plisken

Message par Plisken » lun. févr. 07, 2011 8:59 am

Un film que j'avais raté il y a 30 ans et qui m'est toujours resté en mémoire.
Samuel Fuller, un chien tueur, anti-racisme. C'était tout ce que j'en connaissais.

Il y a 30 ans on pouvait encore être produit et tourner ce type de scénario. Aujourd'hui le film ne passerait l'écriture du scénario.

Voilà, ça y'est,, je l'ai vu...et pas déçu :-D

On retrouve la mise en scène brute de Fuller. Le(s) chien(s) es(on)t magnifique(s) et magnifiquement dressé. Stan Winston est crédité au générique pour les EFX... probablement pour les doublures factices du chien.

L'histoire est bien couillue. Je n'avais jamais entendu parler de ce type d'attaque raciste. Est-ce que cela a vraiment existé ? J'imagine que oui. L'homme est capable du pire pour s'entretuer.

Kristy McNichol donne une fraicheur et une innocence bienvenue jusqu'à la fameuse scène de la rencontre avec le propriétaire... superbe ! Dommage qu'elle n'ait pas retrouvé de rôle aussi intéressant.

Paul Winfield est parfait en dresseur... quel charisme ! Et quelle fin... le pessimimisme emporte tout !

Un très grand film qui a gardé toute sa puissance !

Répondre